Welcome to Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital. We believe that visits from family and friends are important to our patients' healing. We try to keep visiting hours and visitation guidelines as accommodating as possible while also ensuring patient health and needs for peace and quiet. Individual Units may have specific visiting hours. Please check with your nurse. Enjoy your visit.
Where To Eat
Where To Stay
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
Parents and grandparents have unlimited visitation, except between the hours of: 6:30 am - 8 am and 6:30 pm - 8 pm.
Other visitors are allowed with permission from the family and a nurse.
To Our Visitors
As an important part of our team, we want you to enjoy your time with your hospitalized family member or friend. To provide the best care, security, privacy and comfort for all patients, we ask you to follow these guidelines for hospital visits:
- Be sure children are well supervised by an adult at all times. Children may not play in the halls or stairwells. To avoid spreading germs, and infection to the patient, any child who might have a cold or fever should not come to the hospital.
- Keep in mind all patients' need for rest, quiet and privacy.
- Discourage family and friends with colds, sore throats and other viruses or infections from visiting the patient in the hospital. Since patients are susceptible to contagious illnesses, encourage ill well-wishers to call, write or email instead.
- Respect all "no visitors' and "isolation' or any other signs that have been ordered by the attending physician.
- Observe our need for quiet. Have conversations quietly and in private. Place your cell phone on vibrate.
- Visit in small groups of three or less. Larger groups can be overwhelming to patients and can intrude into other families' needs for privacy.
End your visit by 9 pm when the evening prayer is read and the lights are dimmed.