The call to serve children is unique, and the medical care required for pediatric patients is extremely specialized. Kids are not just small adults; they require 40% more care than adults and should be treated by pediatric-trained physicians and nurses to ensure the highest quality of care in a warm, loving and kid friendly environment. Our Lady of Lake Children’s Hospital is that place.
- The region’s only 24/7 pediatric Emergency Room
- The largest local pediatric ICU, staffed with Fellowship-trained critical care physicians 24/7
- 1 of 7 St. Jude Affiliate Clinics in the country where patients receive world-class cancer care here in Baton Rouge
- The largest local pediatric patient capacity to meet the needs of all children
- The largest certified Child Life Specialist team in Louisiana trained to make the hospital a less scary place for children and their families
- A dedicated critical care Transport Team that travels throughout Louisiana and surrounding states to transfer medically fragile patients